Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Safety tips for the Seniors

It is a known fact that as we age we experience many changes, one of which is our sense of balance. Try blindfolding yourself and in a few minutes you will find you are disoriented. If it hasn't happened to you, Great! However, it no doubt will someday.

With this balance condition one must be especially careful when walking. Depressions in the sidewalk, high curbs, steep walkways, all become hazards.

Many of us are to proud to use a walker (The safest) or a cane but as a health care provider I can tell you that anything less than a cane will find you fliritng with danger.

Therapy to strengthen your legs and to learn stability is so important, I urge you to consider it. Falling is not fun, it is dangerous and usually results in some disabling injury, if not cosmetic damage.

Remember, Mish gave you this good advice. As you can see, I have fallen many times.

Mish Shugana

No comments:

Post a Comment